EQTC 2023 CODE OF CONDUCT
Our goal is to enable true collaboration and exchange of ideas, and in order to achieve this, we are committed to creating a welcoming and respectful community for all. This Code of Conduct applies to all attendees, staff, exhibitors, speakers, sponsors and volunteers. We encourage all participants in our community to actively participate in creating a friendly and safe environment for all.
- Respect everyone and observe the general rules of courtesy in personal interactions.
- Be mindful of others around you to ensure a great experience for your fellow participants.
- Refrain from displaying any demeaning, harassing, aggressive, or intimidating materials or behaviour. Use welcoming and inclusive language and be respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences.
- Behave in a professional manner. Each attendee is responsible for their own behaviour and actions.
- Do not damage private or communal property.
- Obey the rules and regulations of the venue.
Promptly report any behaviour that makes you or others feel uncomfortable to us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
How we define inappropriate behaviour
Harassment, aggression and intimidation are hurtful and interfere with other people’s experiences and participation in our community. These behaviours are inappropriate and unacceptable. Take special care to avoid behaviours that are inappropriate with respect to: Race, colour, creed, gender (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender identity, religion (including religious dress and grooming), marital status, domestic partner status, genetic information, age, national origin or ancestry, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Inappropriate behaviour can take many forms, including slurs, jokes, derogatory statements, foul or obscene language, offensive clothing, nudity, lewdness, stalking, staring, gestures, pictures, drawings or cartoons, violation of personalspace by obstructing or blocking another person’s movement or otherwise physically interfering, harassing photographs or recordings, unsolicited or offensive letters or poems, offensive email or voicemail messages, or posts on social media.
Consequences of inappropriate behaviour
Inappropriate behaviour will not be tolerated. Should you be asked to refrain from inappropriate behaviour, comply immediately. If you observe inappropriate behaviour or language, or are a target of it yourself, please email us at email@example.com. We will then take appropriate action to ensure that the event maintains a safe and constructive environment. Please include your name, the behaviour you observed, and the location where the behaviour occurred.
The consequences of such behaviour may include, but not be limited to the following:
• Attendee will be immediately removed from the event.
• Inappropriate content will be removed.
• Access to future QVLS events will be limited/denied.